Ongoing exhibits at the following venues:
– Hyde Park Public Library, Hyde Park Library, 35 Harvard Ave.
– The Menino Arts Center (The MAC), at the George Robert White Building, 26 Central Avenue.
– The Bean and Cream restaurant on Truman Parkway.
Current Exhibit at The Menino Arts Center
Call for Art for Exhibition
(October 19, 2013 – November 22, 2013)
This is a general call open to everyone, no membership required. First come first served basis although HPAA members receive preference.
Hyde Park Art Association at Menino Arts Center (HPAA-MAC) is seeking photographers who would like to exhibit their photographs. Artists may submit up to four images. There is a $3.00 hanging fee for members and $5.00 fee for non-members.
Artists who wish to become a member may download an application at www.hpaa-mac.org or stop by for a form Monday – Friday 12-4 pm, or call 617-364-2787 for one to be mailed to your residence.
- Each artist participant may submit up to four (4) works for consideration.
- Number of works accepted will be determined by available spaces at the exhibit venue.
- All works must be priced, titled, properly wired and ready to hang (no sawtooth hangers). Artwork must not be smaller than 11×14 inches.
- An Artist bio must be attached to the back of the work.
- There is a fee of $3.00 per piece for members and $5.00 for non-members to defray cost of mounting material; unused funds will be used toward the Artist Reception.
- Artists will be reimbursed any fee for artwork not hung.
- All work must be for sale, 30% of the sale price, if sold, will go to the Hyde Park Art Association General Fund.
DELIVERY of Your Art Work: October 15-18 from noon-4:00pm or Tuesday October 15 from 6-8pm
DEADLINE for SUBMISSIONS: Saturday, October 12 (see submission form)
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS: If you need to schedule an alternate delivery time please make an arrangement to drop off your art work by calling Cheryl Murphy at 617.364.ARTS (2787)
OPENING RECEPTION: Friday, October 25 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at The MAC
PICKING UP ARTWORK: Pick up will be Saturday, November 23 from 10:00am -12:00pm
Group Venue Curator: Sasja Lucas email@example.com
If you would like to show your Photographs in this exhibit, please fill out the photo call for art submission form.
Gallery 26 will also be part of the Photography exhibit.